Bulletin of Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute.
THE PURPOSE AND THEMATIC SCOPE OF THE JOURNAL
The journal ‘Bulletin of Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute’ has been published since 1951. From 2016, it publishes twice a year: implementation articles and conference materials in the field of improvement and protection of agricultural crops, biotechnology, gene resources protection and development of agricultural plants. The journal was created to support research workers, plant breeders, advisory services, representatives of state and local authorities, agricultural producers and associations of producers, producers and distributors of seed material, teachers of agricultural schools, enthusiasts of science and breeding.
The articles are published in Polish and English.
"LIST OF SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS AND PEER-REVIEWED MATERIALS FROM INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES".
In accordance with the Communication of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 31 July 2019 on the list of scientific journals and reviewed materials from international conferences, the journal ‘Bulletin of Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute’ of the IHAR-PIB Publishing House was placed on the 27786 position ‘List of scientific journals and reviewed materials from international conferences’, received 20 points.
THE ‘SUPPORT FOR SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS’ PROGRAMME
In 2019 under the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 20 September 2018 on de minimis aid under the 'Support for scientific journals' programme (Journal of Laws No. 1832 and 2198), the ‘Bulletin of Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute’ was financed in accordance with contract No. 85/wcn/2019/1 of 10.06.2019.
The programme assumes the implementation of solutions supporting the development of the publishing house's activity and the improvement of the publishing process through:
- granting digital identifiers of electronic documents to articles
- (DOI - Digital Object Identifier);
- implementation of software for managing editorial and publishing works;
- modernisation and redesign of the website;
- authentication of articles by means of anti-plagiarism programmes;
- training of editors;
- Introduction of verification and revision of scientific articles in the journal, including
- proofreading of the translation into a foreign language of those articles and of their summaries.